In an ever increasing pace of Life and Business, it is without doubt increasingly more important to manage your Time and your environment as efficiently as possible.
This Seminar Personal Effectiveness for Managers - The Art of being Productive is the fastest and most efficient means for you to do this.
As the cost of Time to the employer continues to grow, organizations should recognise excellent Time Management is a must do.
Who will benefit from attending this Training?
Delegates will be anyone wishing to increase their productivity and Management of Time. In short, Managers, Supervisors, Personnel Officers, Training Officers, Occupational Health Specialists, Health and Safety Officers, Finance staff and all Office Personnel anyone that has to manage themselves, people and the environment whilst, meet deadlines and deliver Results.
In this seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Actively identify and reduce areas of poor Time Management in themselves and others.
- Develop ways of Managing the most Important element - TIME
- Take charge of the Productivity in their environment and consistently achieve targets
- Maximise performance and motivation at work.
- Improve health and happiness.
- Have a positive economic impact on individual and team performance.
- Be your Best at all times
- Increase individual performance and productivity.
- Only by providing employees with a clear understanding of Time, Money and Value can they appreciate the balance between Results and Reasons and providing them with the ability to do something about it, can companies hope to truly protect their employees.
- Delegates are shown how to take charge for their own environment and be assertive in the creation of their output and be consistently effective.
- The application of these skills and techniques allows the entire company to engage in a productive output environment.
- Delegates are then shown how to apply these skills with their team.
- This training seminar provides delegates with the skills and strategies to play a leading role in attaining the highest levels of performance and excellence.
- Studies have shown that the most common office layout is open plan, and that many office workers find this distracting and stressful. This course will provide techniques to facilitate concentration; tune out noise and focus your attention, while adapting to your environment and alleviating tension.
- Recognise sources of distraction and disturbance
- Adapt your working style to your environment.
- Deal effectively with human interruptions: Prioritisation and multitasking
- Assertively deal with those distracting you. Learn to say 'not now'
- Employ concentration techniques
- Stress reduction techniques for maximum comfort
Delegates will learn to:
- Identify and deal with the causes of how Time affects you and others
- Quickly become more productive more easily
- Become more positive and gain self-control
- Increase Personal and Office motivation and leadership qualities
- Apply Efficient strategies for success in any work context
- Achieve well-formed goals continuously
- Release your Full Potential
- How to develop Individuals and a great Team
- Problem Solve Issues
- Delegation and Negotiate effectively
- Positively Communication always
- Be Assertiveness when required
- Learning how to manage your Time and others
- Create a pleasant work environment
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Achieve Optimum Productivity
Course Content: Seminar Outline: The Structured topics
Day 1: Understanding Productivity and its Benefits,
- You’re Present Position: SWOT analysis; PESTLE analysis; what makes for success today and for the future?
- Goal Setting correctly
- Results versus Reasons
- Increase productivity and efficiency. Use the best methods to manage your time.
- Your Toolbox what Tools and Resources do you have to produce more
- Creation of your Office Environment to achieve the Best Results
- Work with others effectively. Recruit the right team; know the pitfalls and benefits
- Develop your team. Use action plans to increase staff performance
- Learn to solve problems and make decisions. Define the problem and think creatively to find a solution. Work through the five-point plan for making a proper decision and solving Practical Problems:
- Plan projects properly. Set SMART objectives. Define key result areas. Assign responsibilities to your team and allocate resources. Measure your results and evaluate them against objectives
Day 2: Motivation, the Role of Management, Change, Negotiation
- Know your role as manager. Understand the typical responsibilities of an office manager
- Changing your mindset – seeing the positive side of change in the workplace
- Motivating yourself and others under pressure
- Why Change is uncomfortable and how to influence its process
- Developing a preventative rather than remedial approach to team problems
- Negotiation and Agreeing Settlements: strategies for effective ‘win-win’ negotiations; contracting the ground rules; using power constructively; negotiating working agreements.
Day 3: Communicating with Excellence Getting Results
- The Rules of Communication - overcoming personal attitudes. Stereotypes, Prejudices and Beliefs
- Communication: involving others, keeping them informed
- Improving your communication skills to manage aggression, stress and conflict from others
- Assertive behaviour and its benefits
- Learning behaviour types: passive, aggressive, passive aggressive and assertive
- Why people do what they do and Influencing for Results
- What contributes to workplace pressures? – The top ten causes
- The impact of stress on personal performance – the positive and negative effects of stress
- Recognising the signs of stress in ourselves
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
Day 4: Managing Your Job
- Managing yourself and the resources at your disposal
- What are you and your team trying to achieve?
- Defining your objectives and key result areas
- Establishing responsibilities and priorities
Practical Time Management & Planning Activities
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritising – urgent and important
- Planning and scheduling your activities
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions – staying focused
- Managing time under pressure
- Developing a proactive approach to short, medium and long term plans
Day 5: Managing Yourself
- Investing time and effort in order to achieve more in the future
- Your time management behaviour – preferred working styles
- Personal effectiveness – a guide to self-discipline
- Highlighting personal ‘time-stealers’ and areas of weakness
Managing Others & Meetings
- Managing people managers, colleagues, team members and customers
- Getting more things done through assertive behaviour
- Making the most of meetings as participant or chairperson
- The rules of effective delegation - overcoming personal preferences and prejudices
- Using delegation as a means of coordinating the workload of your team/department
- Delegation - freeing up your time and developing staff
- Reviewing your management of time at regular intervals
- Overcoming your old habits - maintaining your new standards
The training process is based on a carefully planned mix of succinct tutor input - with practical illustration of tools and concepts, group work on case studies (all video based - and lively), feedback, and selective work on individual issues in pairs. Team involvement and working enable a strategy to be created from start to finish. The Training is based on the 4 mat systems to enable complete learning. There will also be some opportunity for role play. You will receive an electronic toolkit within the material for subsequent everyday use.
We can come to you !
Did you know Synergy can come to you and deliver this workshop ‘In Company’ at your own venue or location. If you have three or more people who you would like to benefit from attending this workshop our trainer can travel to you and deliver the same specification of course for your staff at a fraction of the overall cost.
If you’d like to know more about this option email us at email@example.com – our operations team manages all of our ‘In Company’ events and we can talk you though the logistics, pricing and whether you’d like the workshop as advertised here or something tailor made just for your business.
We have several packages on offer so contact us today.
What is Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date, improving your capabilities, proving commitment and competency in your profession. It focuses on what you learn and how you progress throughout your career, helping you gain more credibility within your industry, with your employer, clients and gain competitive edge over your peers.
Being actively committed to CPD may in the future:
- Improve your Resume
- Maintain professional recognition
- Showcase your achievements, attributes and your brand
- Accelerate your career prospects
- Deliver job satisfaction: ensuring you are Career focused
- Reassure your Employers and Stakeholders that you are upto date and competent
How do I gain CPD recognition
By attending Synergy Courses you can be assured that attendance, completion and certification will be rewarded by CPD points. To help advance your professional status CPD recognition is awarded on both public workshops and in-house courses, being dependent on the number of hours spent learning. On request Synergy Training Group will provide a certificate of attendance for you to use as evidence and to attach to your record card.
A number of our courses are accredited, endorsed or approved by a number of Learning & Development and Professional Bodies and Associations for more detail please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org